- Keep it short, long domain names are hard to spell and easy to forget.
- If you can, stay away from using abbreviations, these can easily be misunderstood and misspelled.
- We don't recommend using hyphens, most people forget to insert them and are directed to an entirely different website.
- If possible, choose a domain name ending in .com, .org or .church. These are the most common options for churches or non-profits.
- While purchasing domains we recommend purchasing a few additional domain endings. It's best to own the .com, .org and .net. This ensures that no one else takes a similar domain and potentially confuses your audience.
- There are many places to purchase a domain name, but a few of the most common are register.com, networksolutions.com, 1and1.com and godaddy.com.
- Simply search to see if a specific domain name is available. If it is, you can buy it (or "register" it).
Once you have your domain, enter it in Clover's system. You can enter it when you purchase your Clover website, or you can put it in later in the Launch Your Website box on the Greenhouse Dashboard.
Keep in mind:
- You don't need to buy anything else. Clover provides your hosting, so all you need to purchase is the domain name.
- Choose "domain privacy" or "private registration" if it's offered: This simply ensures that you don't get a bunch of spam at your email address.
- Save all of your login info, like your username and password. You'll need to be able to sign back into your account so you can point this website address to your Clover website.