**Update 12/5/2017: With recent updates to Adobe Flash, the Classic Media Player may no longer work properly, and we don't have a fix for it! This is why we created Clover Sites 3 in preparations for this exact scenario. The internet will turn more and more away from Flash until your site is no longer operating to the level that your church deserves. You can upgrade to Clover Sites 3 for FREE today. Here are the steps to begin your free upgrade You can continue troubleshooting below, but these steps are not guaranteed to work if its Flash related.
You may run into issues while uploading videos to your Media Player. There can be multiple factors that cause a video to not upload successfully to your site. Here are some different steps to follow that will help troubleshoot any issues:
- Try to keep the file under 500 MB
- Check out this article on Video Formatting
- Try to change the filename. We recommend only using letters and numbers in the filename itself. Any special characters (@,#,$,%,/,_,-,",etc) can cause errors when uploading. Try to rename the file on your computer with letters or numbers and then upload the file with the new name.
- Try emptying your cache in your browser
- Try using a different browser
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus software while attempting the upload
- Try using a different computer or a different network to access and upload content to your Clover site
We have hundreds of video files uploaded daily, so if it isn't the file size, it could very well be a slow upload speed on your end. To test out your upload speed, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net
- Click on the Begin Test button
- Take note of the Upload Speed results
- Call or email us with your findings