**Update: 12/5/2017: With recent updates to Adobe Flash, the Classic Media Player may no longer work properly, and we don't have a fix for it! This is why we created Clover Sites 3 in preparations for this exact scenario. The internet will turn more and more away from Flash until your site is no longer operating to the level that your church deserves. You can upgrade to Clover Sites 3 for FREE today. Here are the steps to begin your free upgrade You can continue troubleshooting below, but these steps are not guaranteed to work if its Flash related.
There are a few different reasons that an audio file may have issues uploading to the Media Player. Here a few different options to troubleshoot any issues when uploading audio to your site:
- Try to keep the file under 50 MB
- Try to change the filename. We recommend only using letters and numbers in the filename itself. Any special characters (@,#,$,%,/,_,-,",etc) can cause errors when uploading. Try to rename the file on your computer with letters or numbers and then upload the file with the new name.
- Try emptying your cache in your browser
- Try using a different browser.
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus software while attempting the upload.
- Try using a different computer or a different network to access and upload content to your Clover site.
We have hundreds of audio files uploaded daily, so if it isn't the file size, it could very well be a slow upload speed on your end. To test out your upload speed, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net
- Click on the Begin Test button
- Take note of the Upload Speed results
- Call or email us with your findings